Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Aurora Rockets

Aurora Rockets #1, watercolor on paper, copyright Nina Leung, 2017

  NASA is shooting 3 rockets into the Aurora Borealis to learn more about near Earth space. Reading about it immediately brought on strong imagery. I don't want to learn too much about it because I want to use my own imagination to picture exactly what it is they're doing, though I'm dying to know! The technology involved must be pretty wild. More after the jump...




Aurora Rockets #2, watercolor on paper, copyright Nina Leung, 2017
  I've always had an interest in science, but it's becoming more and more apparent now that I'm working more. There are so many new discoveries and the photos and videos are so easily available it's an endless stream of inspiring information.

Aurora Rockets #3 and #4, watercolor on paper, copyright Nina Leung 2017
  Maybe my love of science comes partly from all of those wonderful National Geographic Magazines I grew up with at my Grandma's house. There were so many memorable issues. A favorite was the article about the Tiki Room at Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment