Sunday, February 19, 2017

Weird, Microbial Creatures

Weird, Microbial Creatures, watercolor, copyright Nina Leung, 2017
  Have you heard of the Cave of Crystals? It's in Mexico and it's an otherworldly place with oversize crystals continuously growing through it. The scale is confusing. While exploring this incredible place, scientists collected crystal and discovered dormant micro-organisms. With some coaxing, they brought some of them to life. 90% of them have never been seen before.

  This discovery just blew my mind. I've always been fascinated by the strange shapes of micro-organisms and how they evolve. This painting is my interpretation of these new life forms.

1 comment:

  1. Love this neens! I've been really inspired by crystals and stones lately. You've inspired me to express this excitement about it. I'm so happy you're continuing your blog. You may have to help me with this. :)

    ReplyDelete